ICITED 2020 Conference
16 – 18 November 2020
- Feedback on submission: 7 Jul 2020
- Final submission due: 30 Sep 2020
- Early Bird registration deadline: 30 Oct 2020
- Conference: 16 -18 Nov 2020
The 6th International Conference on Information
Technology and Economic Development
Health is a catalyst for sustainable development as enshrined in the sustainable development goals. The 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) reflects the increasing connection of good health and Information and Communication Technologies.
The 2019 International Conference on Information Technology and Economic Development (ICITED) will convene its annual international conference (ICITED) under the theme, Information & Communication Technology for Sustainable Development—UN Goal 3 (Health and Wellbeing).
The international conference will bring an array of participants and stakeholders from public and private sectors, academia, and professionals in the field of health, communication, media, developmental partners, donor agencies, and Non-Governmental Organizations.
Participants will present evidences of scholarly inquiries, present best practices from case studies, converse about potential partnerships, and offer fresh insights and suggestions on the role of Information & Communication Technology for improving health and wellbeing. It will also report and discuss: ICT services for fulfilling objective 3 of the sustainable development goals (health and wellbeing); it will consider the role of universities, colleges, and schools in training an information and communication technology savvy workforce appropriate for achieving health and wellbeing; it will discuss the problems, fears, and prospects encountered by nations, communities and agencies in adopting ICTs for improving health and wellbeing. It will discuss socio-technical dynamics of ICT adoption and use for accomplishing goal 3 of the sustainable development goals (health and wellbeing).
Dates: 9-11 December 2019
Venue: Kaduna – the beautiful cosmopolitan city in Nothern Nigeria.
Collaboration: IITEDA and Kaduna State University
Chairs: Professor Abel Usoro, IITEDA and Professor Abdullahi I Musa, Kaduna State
Theme: Information & Communication Technology for Sustainable Development—UN Goal 3 (Health and Wellbeing).
• ICT and reducing the global maternal mortality
• ICT and child killer diseases
• ICT and ending the epidemics of AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected tropical diseases and combat hepatitis, water-borne diseases and other communicable diseases.
• ICT and reducing premature mortality from non-communicable diseases
• ICT and strengthen the prevention and treatment of substance abuse, including narcotic drug abuse and harmful use of alcohol.
• ICT and reducing deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents
• ICT and universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services, including for family planning, information and education,
and the integration of reproductive health into national strategies and programmes.
• ICT and achieving universal health coverage,
including financial risk protection, access to quality essential health-care services and access to safe, effective, quality
and affordable essential medicines and vaccines for all.
• ICT and reducing the number of deaths and illnesses from hazardous chemicals and air, water and soil pollution and contamination.
• ICT and strengthen the implementation of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control in all countries, as appropriate.
• ICT and research and development of vaccines and medicines for the communicable and non-communicable diseases that primarily affect developing countries, provide
access to affordable essential medicines and vaccines, in accordance with the Doha Declaration on the TRIPS Agreement and Public Health
• ICT and health financing and the recruitment, development, training and retention of the health workforce in developing countries, especially in least developed countries
and small island developing States.
• ICT and strengthen the capacity of all countries, for early warning, risk reduction and management of national and global health risks.
• First submission – 30 September 2019
• Feedback on submission – 7 October 2019
• Final submission due – 14 October 2019
• Early Bird registration deadline – 30 October 2019
• Conference – 9-11 Dec 2019
Please submit an electronic copy through the EasyChair
The conference accepts extended abstracts but it is recommended that after the feedback from the review process and your presentation at the conference, you may submit the full paper to any of the Journals associated with this conference. A book of abstracts will be published for accepted submissions.
Your abstract should be 600 words maximum excluding references and should include the gap in knowledge or research question, the purpose of your work, design/methodology/approach, findings, implications/value/originality, limitations (if applicable) and future work, keywords (maximum 6), paper type (theoretical or empirical). You can also submit work in progress and follow the above format as much as possible.
Submissions should follow the style recommended by the American Psychological Associations (APA) Publication Manual. The language of the conference and related publications is English. Each accepted submission must be presented at the conference in person or by Skype and be accompanied by a paid registration.
Submission Panel or Workshop: The conference will feature sessions on topics of special interest. To propose a panel, contact the program chair and provide the session topic and a list of 3-5 potential panelists. To propose a workshop, contact the program chair with a short description of the proposed workshop
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?
Submit your Abstract
Register for the Conference
Opportunity to sell your brand
The International Information Management Association Conference aims to promote the dynamic exchange of ideas among leading researchers, educators, developers and practitioners who share their research and disseminate innovations in education, business, and government.
Net Endeavours Ltd is a web services company that is partnering with IITEDA to provide the ICITED Conference 2019 with online payment collection.